Sunday, September 28, 2008

Absurdities in the news!

Hi Ya'll! In these unsettled financial and political times, I find myself spending more time reading news publications and tuning in to the t.v. to follow what is going on. As I was reading our local paper, several interesting articles caught my eye. Each one made me stop, and reflect. . . "Just WHAT were they thinking?"
#1. Ed McMahon RAPS about his finanacial troubles! Now REALLY folks! The man is WAY up in his 80s and he is joining a rap star to make a recording to raise money to bail himself out of finanacial difficulty? Just what are they thinking?
#2. PETA suggests that Ben&Jerry's Ice Cream use MOTHER'S MILK, in the place of cow's milk in their ice cream! PETA stated that milking cows is cruel! Just what were those PETA folks thinking?
#3 The nation of Austria allows 16 year olds to vote! When I was 18, I was CERTAIN that I had every right to vote and would make an excellent choice! I look back now and wonder, "just what was I thinking. . . " on some of my choices at such a young age. The very interesting thing about Austria is, that they allow voting at 16, but their citizens must be 21 to drive a car! Do Austrians value hiway safety above well qualified governmental officials? Are they on to something good here, or is it yet another ABSURDITY in the news?
It's your turn to let me know, "Just what are YOU thinking?"

1 comment:

Belle (from Life of a...) said...

Hadn't heard about the McMahon thing but PETA drives me nuts. Our local monestary, a community of wonderful men who make their living by selling eggs have had to pretty much close down their operation because of PETA. They could have "fought" because they're not doing anything wrong or harmful to the chickens but just didn't feel that it was worth it to disrupt the harmony and peacefulness of their community by having PETA protesters around all the time. It's a very sad thing.