Thursday, September 18, 2008

Stop Me Before I Volunteer Again!

Hey, Y'all! A dear friend sent me a little "love" gift in the mail the other day. It was a note pad that said, "Stop Me Before I Volunteer Again!" Do you suppose that she is trying to tell me something? This friend is a little older than I am, with all three of her children grown and married, or about to be. She is pretty wise, on many fronts!
To be totally honest, I probably really have said "yes" a few too many times, lately. I think that the reality is hitting me, and I am beginning to be a little overwhelmed! My youngest daughter, Annie B. is 16. In two more years she will be in college, and my involvement, as a parent,on a day to day basis, will be about over. So I said "yes" to a BIG job with her school, which is a two year stindt. Then I said "yes" to a pretty big responsibility with my church. That one does not really kick in for a couple of years, so I am currently "in-training" for that. Then, of course, there are my little "paid" jobs at school, my after school teaching of art classes at home and of course, my little "Y'all Spoken Here" enterprise. Hmmm! Just how many hours are there in a day, anyway?

1 comment:

Dale Parker said...

There are never enough hours is what I have found. Thought I'd remind you of the delightful names of kids I have encountered. Remember Eltron and Data Radon?