Tuesday, September 23, 2008

Gotta LOVE the South!

I have traveled a bit around the U.S. I have even crossed the pond a couple of times to see what was on the other side. In my travels, rarely do I see the humour that Southerners display on the license plates of their personal vehicles. Yes, I am talking about personalized license plates. Some are quite clever. Some have a very clear message. Others make me ask, "Just what WERE they thinking, when the owner of that car decided to place that message on the back, for all the world to see?"
On my way to our downtown church the other day, I just happened to have the good fortune to be behind such a vehicle. It was a BRIGHT green Dodge Charger of unknown model year. It resembled the vehicle that "starred" in the old "Dukes of Hazzard" tv show from years ago. Now, just to set the record straight, I was NOT a fan of the DoH, but had plenty of friends(especially males) who thought that there was NOTHING better. I do believe that they all had their eyes on a certain Miss Daisy Duke, who now has short-shorts that bear her name.
At any rate, I was behind this VERY loud car, sporting a personalized license plate. I read the plate, just as I was passing the Governor's Mansion of our Great State. The plate read, "MEAN R NU." Translation: "Meaner Than You." From the looks of the driver of the mean green machine, I am thinking that he was correct. He probably IS meaner than I am! What I want to know. . . Is that a GOOD thing?
Like I said in the title of this post, you just GOTTA love the South, where folks don't need to wonder what we are thinking! We just put it on our license plates to tell the world! I just wish that I had been in the possession of a camera, so that y'all would not think that I was making this one up! It was FOR REAL!

1 comment:

Barefoot in the Park said...

remind me to teach you how to take pictures with your cell phone!