Wednesday, October 29, 2008

Favorite Things

Good Morning, Y'all! As I enjoy the golden sunlight streaming though the window this morning,I have to reflect on the beauty of this time of year, and some of my favorite things. The oak tree, that is turning to GOLD outside my window absoltutely takes my breath away! Tucker, the neighbor's labradoodle, curled up in a pool of sunshine on his side porch, right next to a gathering of his family's pumpkins, just makes me SMILE! The taste of coffee and a bagel(multi-grain, of course!)shared with my friend, Lee, this morning was a treat. Heading to the Farmer's Market(truely my FAVORITE spot in town!) to purchase a flat of pansies(the one's with the little "faces" on them)and then bringing them home to plant on a sunny fall afternoon gets me excited. Happiness is not found in the big, expensive "stuff" in life, but in the special times spent with friends and family, enjoying the simple things that surround us. Each day is a gift, if we only slow down long enough to notice and enjoy it! May you enjoy today, as a gift from God!

1 comment:

Mary Beth said...

Yes, this has turned out to be a gorgeous fall, hasn't it? The weather was perfect this weekend, enabling us to fully enjoy this beautiful fall. I'm glad that you are out and enjoying it too!