Monday, November 10, 2008

Occupational Hazzard!

Hi Y'all! I know that every line of work has it's share of occupational hazzards. Fishermen deal with heavy seas and seasickness. Those who work the night shift have to endure sleepiness or sleeplessnes, depending their body clock and schedule. Airline pilots and flight attendants have to heal with adjusting to time changes. Teacher have to deal with GERMS!
Guess what? I CAUGHT 'em! Yep, I DO wish that I was not such a good catcher, because I think that I caught a LU-LU this time. Scratchy throat, watery eyes, congestion, and that feverish feeling. in general. . . YUK! I have not had this crud in a while!
I am off to try to find Emergen-C, which was suggested by Barefoot in the Park. That, plenty of fluids, some aspirin, chicken soup and rest is my Rx! Say a prayer and wish me luck. We have an out of town wedding to attend for the weekend, and I was SO looking forward to a fun few days at the coast! I'll keep you posted how my regimen of trying to feel better goes! Meanwhile, WASH those hands and REFUSE to get into an elevator with a coughing person. The hardest part, though, is refusing the hug from a child. . . even though they have a runny nose! That is when we should toss a kiss(from a long distance) and pass on the hugs! Stay well and mostly germ-free!

No comments: