Thursday, August 28, 2008

Day 2, in the Bloggin' Pool

Hey, Y'all!
Many thanks to the girlfriends of my "Barefoot" daughter, for your notes of welcome and encouragement! I'm getting my toes in the pool gradually, and hope to be happily splashing around before long!
I am off for a day in my "Community Volunteer" hat! In a moment of weakness last spring, I said "yes" to a position within the Parent's Assn. at my youngest daughter's school. This year, it is the VP. Next year, it will be the BIG KAHUNA of the group. Barefoot calls it the "Mother's Mafia!" She is probably correct on that. The group does a lot of good for the school, but sometimes, groups like this can get on a bit of a "power trip!" Not my direction, at all! After WAY too many years to count in the Junior League(which my family called the Junior Plague!) , I have had it up to my earlobes with the "Steamroller Women" who are ready to roll ALL over anyone who DARES to rain on their personal power trip parade!
Also, gotta gather up the snacks and drinks for the golf team at the school, since Annie B (B is for Bogie!) qualified for this match. They are playing against a public school this afternoon, and severe weather in the area postponed yesterday's practice. There does not seem to be an Annika or a Tiger type among them. LPGA hopefuls? Not so much! The results will have to do with how well the other team plays. Anything could happen, so stay tuned!

3 comments:

The Roaming Southerner said...

Welcome to the blogworld!!!
I can't wait to read your blog more and I love love love the Y'all spoken here logo!

Belle (from Life of a...) said...

Welcome! I started blogging back in March and am having the BEST time. Come on over and visit!

Mary Beth said...

Welcome to the blogging world! I've been here about a month and I love it.

Come visit my blog sometime!